Yesterday was project day here at
~ No. 9257 ~
My little helper and I headed out to collect a few supplies for a creation that was requested a few days ago.
Here is the inspiration piece that I was working from...
The sweet grandson was in tow and I wasn't sure what to expect of our adventure to Michaels craft store. He's still a bit unpredictable, as most 2 year olds are! Thankfully, we made it out of the store with only what was on our list and no fits...whew! As a treat, Wendy's french fries was our next stop before our project could be started =) Our toddler didn't even make it back to Nana D's before his nap began, so I had a few minutes of project time alone...invaluable, precious moments! LOL
Here are a few of the supplies that I used...
You will also need:
foam paint brush & foam circle paint dabber
scrapbook paper for letters
E-6000 glue or hot glue gun
Last week, I found an unfinished wooden frame, however...the opening was a 5x7 instead of 4x6 AND it didn't have glass or a stand . So, plan B was to purchase an inexpensive frame and just repaint it. Wal-Mart doesn't have a huge selection, but they happen to have had a frame for $3.88 that was the size I was going for. It needed to be painted anyway, so I didn't feel bad covering up the design that was originally printed on the frame.
I had prepped my frame the day before, so the paint was dry and ready for something pretty...
So, that brings us to this...
And then this...
Add some interesting detail...
Using my Cricut, I cut out letters for two separate frames and Mod Podged them on...
Now, for the fun embellishments! For these particular frames, I used feathers ($2 for a bag), ribbon (I found these at Wal-Mart for $3 each and will be able to make several bows out of each spool) and jewels ($2 for a bag of 12+ at Michaels.) I used E-6000 glue to adhere everything, but you can certainly use a hot glue gun as well.
It's finished off with my "Handmade" info...DB Decor =)
Somehow, I think the messy red unprofessional look on the back of the frame balances the cuteness of the front of the frame...Kidding! Looks like a "Hot Mess!"
These labels were printed from www.vistaprint.com, which does make the project appear a tad more professional :)
Don't worry...here's a tip for you!
Use a nail polish remover felt pad to remove excess paint...
Package it up and it's ready to go...
Thanks for the challenge, Erica!
Hope it inspires someone else as well...
Now...back to playing with the little guy.
When he calls "Nana" I just can't say no!